With the spookiest time of the year right round the corner – you might be thinking about how you’re going to decorate this year.
And with Trick or Treating and big parties looking very more unlikely this year – making the house ‘scary’ for your kids might be top of the agenda.
But you start getting ready for the most terrifying night of the year, have a read to make sure you don’t end up in a real-life scary situation.
Halloween Safety Tips
- Before you make a start – have a good look at each electrical item and get rid of any damaged stuff
- Lighting up your garden or front of the house? Anything you use needs to be marked up at make sure ‘for outdoor use’
- Watch where you’re plugging things in – cords should be away from pets and not a trip hazard!
- Don’t be seduced by really cheap directions! Use safety-approved electricals bought from a well-known retailer, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Don’t overload sockets!
- All outdoor electrical decorations should go through a Residual Current Device (RCD)
- Switch off decorations before you leave the house or go to bed
Want to make sure your electrics won’t go bang in the night? Get in touch